Out of the Blue Granola provides onsite employment for the women participating in the Blue Monarch program. It is an all-natural product, carefully baked by hand using local honey. Inside every bag is a photograph of one of the women who bake the granola with her special story of recovery on the back. For this reason, it is often called “gift granola.”
However, it is also called “Granola with a Purpose” because it helps Blue Monarch and the women and children they serve in a variety of ways:
- It offers job training and flexible employment opportunities at a time when it would be quite difficult to obtain or maintain a job.
- Out of the Blue Granola helps to develop a positive work history despite possible felony charges.
- Once the women begin to earn an income, they are also able to contribute a portion back to Blue Monarch to support the services they have received.
- Blue Monarch gains financial support from folks who learn about the program through purchasing the granola.
- Many of the women of Blue Monarch have had poor work histories or struggled to earn an honest income. This job provides a valuable opportunity to gain self-respect and develop self-sufficiency, often for the first time.
Out of the Blue Granola is sold online at www.outofthebluegranola.com, as well as through select Whole Foods and Kroger stores, restaurants, and gift shops.